Home CCTV that you can watch on your mobile or tablet device! This is now one of the most desirable home security system features. Why? Because your entire home CCTV system can be in the palm of your hand - you don't need to get out of bed or off the sofa to know what's happening in and around your home!
Better yet, with the home CCTV systems we install, you don't even need to be at home to watch the footage. As long as you have an internet connection, you can check up on your home at any time - whether you're in the supermarket or sitting by a pool in the Bahamas!
How does it work?
Thanks to the mega-fast 4G internet speeds on mobile devices these days, you can now watch live and recorded footage from your CCTV system anywhere in the world, without a Wi-Fi connection (although it will use your mobile data, so be aware of your allowance).
What can you expect from the home CCTV app?
The CCTV app that we encourage homeowners to install not only lets you view pre-recorded film, but also live stream footage that you can view from anywhere in the world.
Here's a breakdown of the features and benefits:
- View pre-recorded footage to see what has been happening in and around your home
- Watch live footage from any camera or multiple cameras (up to 16) at the same time
- Flexibility to view footage from multiple sites at once - if you own two properties, you can keep an eye on both of them at the same time!
- Watch from anywhere in the world with a steady internet connection
- Notifications sent to your device can alert you when cameras detect activity around your home
The capacity and capabilities of this app not only make it the ideal tool for home CCTV viewing, but also for businesses with bigger systems and more cameras.
What does the app look like on your mobile or tablet device?
Of course, we wouldn't endorse a product that we haven't tried, tested and loved ourselves. That's why we use the CCTV viewing app at the Blake Fire & Security Systems HQ, in the heart of Southend, Essex.
Take a look at the image below to get an idea of what you will see on your mobile phone or tablet.
In this image we have a clear view of the car park from every angle because we are viewing all of the camera footage on one screen. However, you can pick and choose which cameras you want to view at any time.
It is quick and easy to switch between the car park and the office with the tap of a button. Our friendly engineer will show you how to do that when they have installed your system.
Your holiday just got a bit more relaxing...
For those who like to travel often and don't have trusted neighbours or family to keep an eye on things, leaving your home unattended for long periods of time can be enough to ruin your trip.
It's still important to make your home look lived in though, and the Police offer some good burglary prevention tips for holiday makers:
- Use automatic timers to turn your lights on after dark
- Use the Royal Mail Keepsafe service that allows you to put your mail in holding while you are away.
- Avoid sharing your holiday dates and pictures online until after your return. Thieves have been known to use this information to their advantage.
DID YOU KNOW: Big piles of mail on your doorstep are a sign that the house is empty which puts you at the additional risk of identity theft if your confidential information ends up in the wrong hands. Get more tips here!
A professionally installed CCTV system is one way to prevent a break in... but what else could you be doing?