Epic fail vdeos are a guilty pleasure. Who doesn't laugh when they see a show-off get their just desserts and - sometimes literally - fall flat?!
These fails are guilty in a different way. The kind that results in big fines and even prison sentences! Hit Play and see what we mean...
As well as these examples, a recent project on residential tower blocks sampled 7 Fire doors in each block. In one building, all 7 sampled doors were non-compliant!
There was also a lack of maintenance records. Regular Fire Door maintenance would have picked up any issues early and allowed for cheaper and faster repairs to be carried out. As it was every one of these doors required complete replacement.
The surveyors also noted:
Fire doors are more than a regular door with a badge on. They need to be manufactured, installed and maintained by competent people in order to do their job. And it makes sense, being that their job is to preserve life!
Blake's are fully accredited to do all of this. We supply all the paperwork you need to prove compliance AND we also keep a record for your backup.
We are members of the Fire Door Inspection Scheme and all our works are carried out to BMTRADA standard. For installations, we offer:
• paper trail from manufacture of door set and components through to installation on site;
• installing doors to the manufacturers' instructions and only using fire stopping
products that have a Certifire Certificate of Approval, fire test evidence or global
• a record of all installs on a Record of Installation form included in the door pack ;
• all our operatives undergo training to work on fire doors, recorded on our Record of Training (RTO);
• every Fire Door Installation is 1st party inspected, quality checked and signed off by a BMTRADA trained installer;
• the ability to have 3rd party certification.
All repair work is recorded on our Record of Maintenance Activities (RMA) form. Every repair follows Accepted Repair Techniques (ART) and complies with the latest legislation.
Get in touch today. You can't fail!