Epic fail vdeos are a guilty pleasure. Who doesn't laugh when they see a show-off get their just desserts?
However, the fails in this post are guilty in a different way. The kind that results in big fines and even prison sentences! Hit Play and see what we mean...
There was also a lack of maintenance records. Making you wonder if any maintenance happened at all... Regular Fire Door maintenance from a competent specialist Fire Door company would have picked up any issues early and allowed for cheaper and faster repairs to be carried out. As it was every one of these doors required complete replacement.
The surveyors also noted:
Fire doors are more than a regular door plus a badge. They need to be manufactured, installed and maintained by competent people in order to do their job during a fire. And it makes sense, being that their job is to preserve life!
Blake's is fully accredited to do all of this. We supply all the paperwork you need to prove compliance AND we also keep a record for your backup.
All our works are carried out to BMTRADA standards. For installations, we offer the following:
• paper trail from the manufacture of door set and components through to installation on site;
• installing doors to the manufacturers' instructions and only using fire stopping products that have a Certifire Certificate of Approval, fire test evidence or global
• a record of all installs on a Record of Installation form included in the door pack ;
• all our operatives undergo training to work on fire doors, recorded on our Record of Training (RTO);
• every Fire Door Installation is 1st party inspected, quality checked and signed off by a BMTRADA trained installer;
• 3rd party certification.
All repair work is recorded on our Record of Maintenance Activities (RMA) form. Every repair follows Accepted Repair Techniques (ART) and complies with the latest legislation.
Get in touch, so you don't fail!
Since Grenfell, we're finding that many businesses and schools are having their fire doors flagged by their Fire Risk Assessor. Because the Responsible Person is unaware of the regulations... This means your budget for fixing your fire doors could very well be wasted! Let's say...
Your Responsible Person unwittingly uses unsuitable tradesmen. And they, in turn, fit the wrong fire doors. Or make alterations that compromise the doors or assemblies. Meaning...
Your new fire doors are still not compliant. And will fail the next inspection! What a waste of money!
To make sure this disaster doesn't happen to you, you should download our 6 step guide to fire door compliance. Follow it and your Responsible Person can relax... knowing everything is in hand. And your fire doors will never fail another fire risk assessment!